USING SOUNDSHAPER WITH AN AUDIO EDITOR
Although Soundshaper has no built-in editor, it integrates easily with most audio editors. You can either:
- Send the contents of any cell to an audio editor (or other external audio program),
- Work from the editor and send some or all of the sound to Soundshaper for processing.
FROM SOUNDSHAPER TO EDITOR AND BACK
- Set a link to your favourite editor in Settings > Settings-tab > Soundfile Viewer.
- Create a dummy cell, following the one you've just processed (PATCH > Add Null Cell)
- Send the contents of the dummy cell (soundfile only) to the editor by clicking the View Soundfile icon in the toolbar, or hit F2.
Alternatively, you can set up any audio program as a "Favourite" (File > Favorites > Select Favorite Program) and send the current cell's soundfile (only) to the program via Tools > FAVORITES > plus select the external program in the menu.
- Process the imported sound in the editor
- Export it from the editor (see below), normally to the SAME soundfile name (the NULL cell).
- Continue on to the next process in Soundshaper.
FROM EDITOR TO SOUNDSHAPER AND BACK
IN THE EDITOR:
- Highlight the portion you want to process.
- Export the selection to a file (see below). Leave the selected portion highlighted.
Exporting the selection:
Audacity File > Export Selection Wavosaur File > Export Selection Nero Edit > Copy to File Wavelab File > Save special > Export Selection Wavepad Edit > Save selected region Waveflow File > Export Selection
- Open the file, e.g. by drag and drop.
- Run the process then save the final cell (should be a soundfile) to a file (click on Save icon).
BACK IN THE EDITOR:
- Open the processed file, select the whole contents (usually CTRL+A) and copy to clipboard (CTRL+C).
- Click on the original file's window (not on the sound-display) and delete the originally selected portion (usually DELETE key or CTRL+DELETE).
- Paste in the processed contents from the clipboard (CTRL+V).
If you don't like the result:
- CTRL+Z: undo the paste operation.
- CTRL+Z: undo the deletion (restore the original).